Head of Care – Residential & Dementia – Totton
Currently seeking an experienced Head of Care to join a well regarded Dementia specialist care home with excellent facilities and located on the outskirts of New Forest.
The home is operated by a recognised Dementia Care Specialist, who are family run and values based.
As the successfully candidate you will work alongside one other Head of Care overseeing the care of 24 residents and with support from the Registered Manager. The home enjoys a good reputation locally and is highly regarded in the community as a leading Dementia Care home. This is a permanent role paying a salary in the region of £23,000 + Benefits
You will be responsible for ensuring the best care is provided to residents at all times, you will carry out regular audits, risk assessments, new assessments, recruitment and supervision of care staff, always maintain best practice.
This is an exciting time to join an quality led group who offer excellent training & development opportunities.
- Lead, promote and supervise a team of carers
- Carry out internal audits to ensure compliance with KPI’s and CQC legislation
- Carry out new assessments for potential residents, always representing the home and group in a professional manner
- Proven background working as a Head of Care/Team Leader/Senior within a care home setting for older people
- Dynamic & Passionate in your approach
- Strong knowledge of care legislation – CQC/KLOES/Care Act/DoLS/ MCA
- Experience of auditing in a care home setting
- Level 5 or willingness to work towards
If you fit the criteria above then Steph would like to hear from you!