Interim Hospital Manager – Initial 6 Months
Interim Hospital Manager
Salary: £47,610 – £54,636 pro rata (Negotiable), Initial 6 Months
Location: The Falkland Islands
We are delighted to be working directly with the Falklands Islands Government in the recruitment of an interim Hospital Manager in Stanley, the island’s capital. The hospital is the only one on the Island and it’s 29 beds comprises; 18 acute beds, a maternity bed, an isolation unit, a 2 bed intensive care unit and 7 long stay nursing home beds for older people. This opportunity is offered on an initial 6 month contract which can then be extended to 2 years if successful.
- As Hospital Manager you will work closely with the Director of Health and Social Services, the Chief Medical Officer and Chief Nursing Officer, you will be responsible for managing all key operational services including, theatre, x ray, pharmacy, physiotherapy, pathology, stores and catering.
- You will form part of the senior management team and as such will be jointly responsible for major incident planning.
- You will be responsible for c60 permanent and temporary staff and an operating budget of c£10m.
We are looking for:
- Someone well education with a degree or equivalent in a relevant field (not necessarily clinical)
- At least 5yrs recent, successful operational experience running a hospital or comparable
- Excellent financial planning and budget management experience
- Solid background in delivering effective performance management
- Project management skills
Contract, Remuneration and benefits:
- Salary up to £54,636 pro rata – possible negotiation for the right candidate
- Support with relocation, government housing options from £200/month
- Paid flights at the start and end of the contract
The Islands income tax rates are as follows:
- Personal allowance – £15,000per annum
- First £12k of chargeable income – taxed at 21%
- Remainder – taxed at 26%
For more information please call Emma Everett at Bright Selection Ltd.